Career: Senior PHP Developer
Grand Slam Media is an industry leading adult online advertising company based in Toronto. We are seeking passionate, self-motivated & entrepreneurial spirited engineers to join our team. If you love creating innovative, fast, beautiful and inspired applications we would love to talk to you.
We operate very high volume web services, that require extremely high availability across the globe. A 20ms delay in application performance matters to us & it should matter to you too. Our engineers interact with all levels of the company. So you will receive feedback directly from both customers & staff members on stories you have completed.
This isn’t your typical cubicle job & CS degrees are not required.
Reporting to the Lead Software Engineer, our Software Developers will be helping to meet the increasing core application development and architectural needs. Grand Slam Media utilizes the Agile methodology and is looking for someone who has demonstrated success transforming user stories into clean, maintainable code through rapid development iterations for highly engaged clients. This person will also play a key role in ongoing enhancements of the existing user interface for our product to ensure it is scalable, reusable, easy to maintain and most importantly, easy for both our internal teams and our clients to understand and use. Combining their technical skills and understanding of the principles of usability this individual will work closely with our Lead Engineer to turn wireframes into production ready interfaces. The selected individual will be creative, forward thinking and have the desire and insight to challenge the status quo and contribute to making our applications as intuitive and user-friendly as they can be.
- Build industrial strength, scalable PHP applications (both client-side and RESTful API)
- Develop schema, writing queries and stored procedures. NoSQL experience is a plus.
- Develop unit tests and integrate projects to continuous integration systems
Contribute to application improvement & optimization (through code audits, refactoring, caching, architecture changes)
- Build and maintain user interfaces for our Content Management System and other modules with a * focus on browser to server interactions and cross-browser compatibility
- Maintain existing Codeigniter based interface. Work with existing development team to fix bugs, implement features & create the future of the company.
- Work with the development and UX teams to define and implement features
Required Skills / Experience / Application needs:
- 1+ years developing with PHP 5+/NGINX and MySQL (or similar DMBS) in a production environment.
- 1+ years working with or building RESTful APIs
- Experience with source control Git. We use Github internally for reviews, commits, and deployment.
- In-depth knowledge of HTTP protocol, including authorization, cache control, and proxy
- Familiarity with XHTML and CSS3, and ability to handle cross-browser compatibility
- Strong understanding of design and UX principles
- Understanding of the network stack including knowledge of web/data/network security
- Familiarity with UNIX (including shell scripting), RPM packaging, MVC model, would also be a plus
- Strong interpersonal & written communication skills. We value communication as a core principle of our development team.
- Experience in high volume web applications is a plus but not required.
- Experience in the online advertising industry is a plus but not required.
We offer the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to work with like-minded customer service professionals. In addition to a great environment, we offer career opportunities, excellent benefits, and competitive pay/practices. If you are interested, apply online.
You can send your resume and cover letter at [email protected].